Geofencing is a cutting-edge technology that allows advertisers to target their potential customers based on their current, real-time location.
Imagine drawing a perimeter on map that targets potential customers for you to advertise directly to. You could be serving your ads to all the people inside a competitor dealership or to local universities, or to first responders while they are at work. We can also create dynamic display inventory ads based on what someone searches for too! You could use Local Marketing, Inc.'s geofencing service to send a discount code to people walking into one of your competitor’s locations. With our mobile geofencing options, the old adage about the importance of “Location, location, location” just doesn’t carry as much weight anymore. Rise above the limitations of your surrounding area and lack of foot traffic by targeting areas closer to major intersections and freeway off ramps.
Did You Know You Can Track Foot Traffic Into Your Business With GEOFENCING???
You read that correctly. Geofencing technology is so advanced that we can measure online to offline conversions via our highly targeted geofencing product. If you have an interest in utilizing this service, contact us today!
How Does Geofencing Actually Work?
- This groundbreaking advertising tech uses GPS or radio frequency identification (RFID) location tracking to set up a virtual barrier or fence around a selected area. This fence is accurate down to 10 meters and can be laid out to your exact geographical specifications. This allows your business to target a specific population — of smartphone or surface users — within the barriers you have set up by using each customer's unique handset or cellphone ID to serve them ads in the apps they are using.
- These barriers are dynamic; they can be moved, enlarged, or shrunk depending on who you need to target at that particular time.
- Geofencing is excellent at promoting immediate results. By targeting potential and returning customers that are nearby, and by potentially offering incentives and discounts for their business in that moment, we can turn ads into business.
- This strategy also works to attract customers after they have passed through your geofence. Referred to as "remarketing," this technique allows the system to save the cellphone ID for future use, serving them in-app ads later on when they might have more time to make a decision.
- Saving the handset or cellphone ID is also used for Foot Traffic Attribution (FTA). This allows us to track which customers physically enter your storefront after being served your ads.
At Local Marketing, Inc. we understand that the best marketing plans combine getting new customers, retaining old ones, and keeping everyone happy so they recommend your business. Here’s how we approach this goal with geofencing.
Improve Brand Awareness
Like most marketing technologies, geofencing is used to increase your company’s exposure and customer loyalty. If a smartphone user enters the fence and has a mobile web browser open, your geofence can prompt an ad to encourage them to visit your storefront nearby. This is most useful if they are in a situation where they can use their phone, say walking through a mall, sitting in a café, etc.
It is also an incredibly successful tactic for businesses looking to show customers the convenience of their location to places they already visit.
Helping Smaller Businesses
Geofencing is all about local. Small and mid-sized businesses looking for clients in the areas immediately surrounding them are especially benefited by this new technology, especially if they don’t have multiple locations or are unable to ship their product long distances. Types of businesses that geofencing is ideal for include:
- Retail stores
- Car dealerships
- Companies selling perishable products
- Healthcare facilities
- & more
Contact Local Marketing, Inc. Today
Let Local Marketing, Inc. develop a geofencing marketing strategy that fits your business’ needs. Contact us today to bring your customers in immediately with the newest technology available.